Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A New Beginning


I think I set up this blog a couple of years ago and then stopped sewing. So there was no use for this blog. But now I have resolved many of the issues that were preventing me from sewing and I hope to put this blog to good use.



This week I have been working on small projects and UFOs.
Add Image
Sunday I made two new throw pillows for the living room. I am not that pleased with the piping. The fabric was from a sewing show in April so that is pretty good .
I want to try something new-- actually sewing the fabric in the same year I buy it!!

Monday I made a new hoodie for myself. It is a favourite pattern that I have made twice before.
It is Simplicity 3640. I really like the princess seaming. It gives shape instead of looking like a blob. The fabric is from a sale at Fabricland in February.

Tuesday I made a swimsuit coverup from a towel. I saw it on a blog (I don't know who's). The towel is sewn into a tube and shirred at the top. I bought a thin towel from Old Navy for $5.00and I had the elastic thread . The coverup is so cute that both my teen daughters have asked for one of their own or mine.

Wednesday I made two "tube bras" from spandex for my youngest daughter. She showed me similar items that she wanted in a trendy store for $8.00 to $12.00. I made mine from scraps for $0.00. I even had elastic left from other projects.

Thursday I started working on a nightgown for myself - Kwik Sew 1812. I bought the pattern at a thrift store for $1.00 and the fabric was given to me when my aunt cleaned out for closet.
I hope to finish it today or tomorrow.

I also need to make a birthday card and a menu board.


No comments: