Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I Need To Finish Something

I know that I have not posted in a while . It is not that I have not been sewing but that I have not finished anything. I am currently working on a cape but stopped that to make a "quick" baby gift, but stopped that to do mending,ironing and alterations that were desperately overdue ....
Do you see were this is going? Then we went away for a few days.

I did manage to do some quick crafts -- just need to take pictures.

So now it is time to get busy. I always think of September as the beginning of a new year. Guess I spent too many years in school. So today is a new year, new start, and time to get organized and focused.
The best tools for me are lists and deadlines. But I have a tendency to overestimate what I can accomplish in one day. Usually my list is too long and I get discouraged when I can't bake a pie, sew a dress and paint a room in one day. I have to be realistic. Not that easy.
To Do Today
1.All the usual things of cooking, cleaning, laundry,...
2. Work on Baby quilt for one hour
3.Take pictures
4.spend 30 minutes sorting in craft room
5.clean one drawer in kitchen
6.make peach raspberry crisp
7.make egg salad and coleslaw for DH lunch tomorrow
8.water plants and check pool - swim
9. DD has riding tonight - 3 hrs - take knitting


Hope that's enough for today. Might have to add more but the house really needs a good cleaning!









No comments: