Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Keep On Crafting



I am still continuing to clean and craft.  I can see a difference.  I stopped cleaning long enough to make quick projects.

After my DD saw project #4, purse with a bit of bling, she gave my her pink one and said "It was $3.00.  See what you can do with this." I don't like to repeat projects so I knew I had to do something other than add stones.  We had just returned from a sidewalk sale in the fashion district in the big city.  I had seen purses that resembled flowers.  I knew, from cleaning up, that I had bags of flower petals so I started to play.  I decided on overlapping rows which I hand sewed and glued.  I did add some crystals with my hot fix tool because DD is all about the glitter.   We are pleased with the result.



My other project had been on my mind for awhile.  I wanted to make a necklace with beads and lace.  While sorting through boxes I found this lace collar, package dated 1980, and decided to use this as my base.  I added the chain with jump rings and some pearls and bows to the lace.  My younger DD, who is more boho than glitz, loves it.



I have cleaned and organized paper crafts, general crafts, and jewelry making materials.  Now for the big one ---- the  sewing area.  Lets hope I come out alive. ----Janlynn
P. S. I am linking up with Stashbusting Septemberttp://www.thetshirtdiaries.com/
                                   and Get your Craft Onhttp://todayscreativeblog.net/
Visit the links and discover a million ideas.

2 comments:

KateB said...

absolutely love the necklace..get way to upcycle!

- Brittany said...

Very cute clutch! Thanks for sharing.

Brittany
http://www.prettyhandygirl.com