Monday, September 13, 2010

Stash Busting Progress


Yeah!!! I am making progress cleaning the craft/sewing/scrapbook area. I can actually see a difference. And I have had some play time.

September Project#1
This is something that I have wanted to make since the spring. The idea for the shadow box came from looking over the Pottery Barn website.
I found the right shadow box at the Goodwill just before I joined September Stash Busting . I pried off the evergreens, threw Santa in the garbage , painted the frame and glued burlap to the back.



My youngest DD is all about horses right now, but when she was small she was obsessed with cows. Years ago we found cow tags at an antique market. Included in the group was the number of her favourite cow, 579. I always knew that one day we could use them creatively.
I added a cropped black and white photo of my DD in her custom made "cow swim suit". While cleaning I found some of her old PETA stickers. I added the one that says "Don't wear a cow"
I love it when things come together.


My photography skills are poor. The frame is a light brown with an light aqua dry brush. It looks good in real life.

September Project #2
This was a quick and easy project . It was the payoff for sorting and storing hundreds of "gems'.
I glued the large stones in the centre section of this little black clutch. Yet another thrift store find.


Gotta run now 3&4 coming soon.

I am linking up this post to Stashbusting September and Get your Craft On

3 comments:

Kim said...

Your shadow box is very cute, I like the Santa, too.

Kimberly said...

nice jeweled clutch! Gotta love those upcycled thrift store finds!

Janlynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.