Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fashion Accessories

This has been a really busy week but I just wanted to post a few quick projects.
I was inspired by the always inspiring Flamingotoes to make an Anthro knock-off bracelet.  Her tutorials are clear, concise, and easy to follow.  I made her Willy-Nilly Bracelet found here.

 I wanted to make a cuff .  This one is very simple but it is my first.  I machine sewed satin ribbon onto felt after adding some vintage lace to the edge.  More ribbon was gathered to make a flower.  The centre is a vintage button with rhinestones.  Velcro keeps it around my wrist.  I wore it the other evening and it was very comfortable.

I have recently been fascinated with fascinators so I offered to make one for Halloween for my DD.  I covered a small hat form with a remnant of black peau de soi as a base.  Then I sewed feathers on part and sequins and beads on the rest.  I played with the netting until I liked it.  The glittered spiders came from Michaels.   I really enjoyed the beading.




I finally finished knitting this bag.  I wanted to learn how to cable and this bag was a very good exercise.  The pattern can be found here.

I am linking this post to HookingupwithHoH
and 

Thanks for looking and I love reading your comments.

1 comment:

Jingle said...

These are both great! I love that cuff!