Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Crafting


My youngest DD and recently attended two card making classes at Scrapbook Queens  a scraping paradise not far from our home.  We had a lot of fun but worked hard to complete 19 cards.  Our instructor Natalie was very patient and encouraging. 





This is one of my favourites.  I hope to make more on Saturday when we attend a crop.
I love this embossing folder.






I really love an old school Santa.  They seem much more warm and caring.
My plan is to give some packages of cards as gifts to my aunts.  The packages can be mailed easily and the gift is useful.


I have started sewing pyjamas.  I had to drive an hour out of town to purchase a Kwik Sew pattern.  The cutting has begun and yes there is a big difference in the front and back crotch curve.  
I also need to continue on my coat.  I have set December 14 as my deadline for it.  


Thanks for dropping by.

Janlynn



I am linking to a great party at HookingupwithHoHHookingupwithHoH




N.B  It's Saturday and I'm off to a day long crop at Scrapbook Queens  after my youngest finishes her riding lesson.  Hope to have more to share .  In the meantime I am linking up to the party at 



BWS tips button

4 comments:

Scrappy Gifts said...

WOW that's a lot of cards! Fabulous job. Love that snowflake one. Thanks for linking up to Scrappy Saturdays!

Kim said...

What a great idea to go to a workshop. I'm always overwhelmed if I have to figure out all of those beautiful combinations on my own.

Sandy Ang said...

The cards turned out lovely!

Nat said...

Hi Jan, love seeing these cards and I was so happy to have both you and Gillian in my class. I love an old style Santa and vintage Christmas too, I always find it so meaningful. My Christmas tree is vintage with all old ornaments, I really look forward to setting it up every year! Sounds like you had many projects on the go, I would love to see pictures of the coat and pj's :)