Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Embroidery and Crafting

I finally succumbed to the nagging of my youngest daughter and embroidered her saddle pad.




 Then I did one for her friend.  




While the machine was set for embroidery I decided to make some tea towels for gifts.







I made this fleece scarf for my son.  The motif reminded me of one of his photographs.  Because the fleece is thin I decided to self line it.  Hope this helps to keep him a little warmer this year. 





I also made quick little gifts for favourite teachers and co-workers.  When I saw this craft on Martha Stewart's web site I knew I wanted to make it.
 I found her directions lacking in detail and her supply list expensive.  I used what I had on hand and I think they look great.  They are filled with an assortment of our family's favourite Christmas chocolates.





I am still working on more gifts and hope to post again soon.  Tonight we are off to see The National Ballet of Canada's  the Nutcracker in Toronto.  I can't wait!

I am linking up to < center>

3 comments:

Lisa said...

That embroidery machine looks like such an easy way to make cute personalized gifts! I'd love to have one!

Kim said...

Oh, lucky you for seeing the ballet, it's been ages since I've gone to see it. I'm glad you're getting some things done, you're embroidery is beautiful. I've seen that MS craft before, your version is darling! Merry Christmas, Kim

Nat said...

Wow, your embroidery is stunning! I just love the saddle pad you made for Jillian and her friend. The detailed stitching in the tea towels and scarf is just amazing and so are these sweet and yummy gifts too. I really need to start checking out the Martha Stewart website as she has so many great ideas. Love all your creations here! :)