Thursday, February 3, 2011

Fun & Funky







I love to shop at thrift stores for treasures.  I have been doing so since the 1980's.  One of my favourite things to collect are linen tea towels.  The older and softer they are the more absorbent they are.  They are perfect for polishing windows and glasses.  But sometimes I find some that are so colourful and unique I just can't use them as rags.

Inspired by Anne at getyourmarthaon, I knew exactly what to do with my colourful vintage tea towel from Value Village.  This map of Canada and the Trans Canada Highway was just too special and needed to be showcased.

Making the apron was a simple process and I used some leftover maple leaf print cotton for the waistband and ties.  The ties are extra long as I like to wrap the ties around and tie in the front.

This was a quick fun project.

Thanks for looking.



Janlynn


I am linking to  







5 comments:

Krafty Kat said...

Very cool apron! Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! :)

Nat said...

totally cool apron, love the Canadian Map print! Seeing your beautiful sewing projects makes me want to pull out my machine and make a few things other than cards! I love thrift shopping too I always look for old vintage buttons and also my Fiestaware dishes, once in a while I will get lucky with a great find! :)

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home said...

Hi Janlynn, This is just darling. The linen maps were perfect to use this way. I miss "seeing" you on Thursdays! Hugs, Kim

Catherine Goetz said...

What a terrific find! I love your apron.

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Oh I am so glad you shared this link with me. What a precious map tea towel. The transCanada highway is very special to me and brings back a flood of memory (we took numerous trips on it as a child across Canada). The tea towel was a wonderful find and I love how you have incorporated it into an apron for display. I am following your blog, I am glad we connected.