Friday, February 18, 2011

Out of Action - For a bit

This has not been my best year, so far.   First the flu, progressing to pneumonia, then surgery, with a slight complication.  I am home now, but resting most of the time.
I don't like to do nothing so I have been knitting and crocheting - three dishcloths and a pair of socks.  I prefer distraction to painkillers - less side-effects.
But I have had time to think about all sorts of things.  I have a plan to renovate and redecorate the master bedroom all drawn out complete with theme, colours, furniture refinishing, DIY decor items, and everything.  I want to blow out the window and make it a sliding door.  I can see it but I can't do anything about it right now.  I just keep ripping out pictures from the magazines and surfing the net.
I also have a plan for a killer wardrobe but there is only so much time in a day.  Maybe I will get one or two items done.
I always planned that this blog would be strictly for sewing, no personal stuff.  Sorry.

2 comments:

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home said...

Hi Janlynn - I know what you mean about a) having all kinds of stuff to do and 2) not intending something to be on your blog--I think most of my blog is not how I'd envisioned it at first. Anyway, if you are going to participate with our weight loss "team", do you have an e-mail you would want me to use? As of right now, I'm planning of Monday being our weigh-in day on Facebook and sending out an e-mail reminder to everyone either on Sunday or Monday - let me know!

Nat said...

Hi Jan, I am glad to hear your resting and taking it easy. You have had a rough few months. You sound so much like me, always having something on the go. Knitting is a great idea and you can never have enough of those great dish cloths! Your renovated room will be perfect with all the planning and research you are doing, it will be something to look forward to once you are better. Take care. hugs, Nat