Sunday, March 20, 2011

New Vintage Aprons

I live in a very large city that took over our very small town.  So now we are "The Village in the City".  We have beautiful little shops and cafes.   Yesterday my oldest daughter and I celebrated the beautiful spring day with a walk through town and a lunch of crepes.  We searched for small treasures and big ideas.

Some of the many items that caught my eye were aprons.  They were many different styles and colours but what really amazed me were the prices  - $39.99!  Really. Now I love a good apron but I had no idea they that expensive.  Of course this prompted the "I can do that response".

So here are two of my new aprons.










Both aprons are made from a very old vintage pattern that is in better shape than the envelope.  The instruction sheet bears the date of 1955.  I love the pockets. I always need the pockets.
The yellow fabric is a sample of designer home dec purchased from the Textile Museum's More than a Yard sale.  The oven mitt is from an old vogue pattern (1970's).  I quilted the fabric for the mitt.  The second is made from a Jack Daniels print found at Len's Mills and bound with purchased bias binding.  This one is for summer grilling as we love the Jack Daniels Barbeque Sauce.
Both aprons cost me well under $20.00.

We found other treasures that I will show you soon.

I have been busy sewing but not photographing (which I am terrible at).  I will post again soon.

Thanks for dropping bye.
Janlynn


I'm partying at    
Get Your Craft On Tuesday





2 comments:

carbonchica said...

I love that the mitt and apron match. I totally agree, who knew that a bit of fabric could be so expensive, it's always better to DIY.

Sandy Ang said...

How adorable are these aprons full of retro chic !