Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ruffle Madness



Firstly, thank you to my new followers and readers.  I am truly flattered.  I hope that you will continue to find my projects interesting.
Have you heard about this new "yarn" called Frill Seeker?  Last week, on our walk through town we stopped in at Rutti"s Needlebed to see what was new.  It's a fun store full, and I mean full, of fabric and yarn. Over the winter I knitted 5 pairs of socks and I am done with socks, for now.  I needed I new project.
 My daughter immediately zoomed in on a display of frilly scarves.  There were many different colours but apparently the yarn sells out as fast as it comes in.  We picked up one ball of Frill Seeker.  It is like rolled up fishnet stockings.  You have to unroll the yarn as you knit it.  From one $15 ball I made three scarves.  One long and two short.  I used 6mm knitting needles.  At the suggestion of the woman in the store, I made it 6 stitches wide.  That's wide enough and it saves yarn.





Close up of the ruffle.

That was quick and easy.  Now I am waiting for the other colours to come in.  

Thanks for dropping by,
Jannlynn



Linking up to 


















 

5 comments:

Laura said...

Wow, that had to take forever! It looks so detailed and very cool. Knitting is the one thing I have yet to learn but need to.

Janlynn said...

Not at all! The three scarves took less than a week while watching my favourite TV shows.

Jaime said...

How fun! Thanks for linking up!

Christina @ The Tattered Tag said...

Super neat scarves!! They are frilly fun too. Thank you for linking to my K.I.S.S. blog bash this past week. I so appreciate you taking the time to share your charming craft. Tomorrow is another blog bash, please drop by & share more of your inspiring ideas!

Drop By The Tattered Tag

DeniseAngela said...

So pretty...you design such wonderful projects!