Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Loving the Neutrals Part 1

I am loving the neutrals right now.  Maybe because it is supposed to be Spring but it snowed again.  Maybe because all I see outside is shades of brown and grey.  Maybe because it is a nice break from the Christmas colours.  I don't know but right now I am enjoying the beige.

My front porch greets you natural neutrals with just a touch of polished metals.  I am very happy with the arrangement in the urns considering everything was purchased at the dollar store.  The curly metal rods were not available at every dollar store.  I think I went to four or five before I found them.  I have a new mat but I want to wait for spring to really arrive.  Yesterday we had rain, snow, and hail in one hour.  Of course the Leafs are out of the race for the play-offs, so it must be spring!




The front door  wreath was inspired by but not as good as Jones Design Company .  She provided a wonderful tutorial.  Her wreath is made of linen.  I am trying to use what I have so I used a package of burlap from the thrift store.  I didn't quite have enough so my ruffles are not that even.  The good news is that I have nothing left.  No scraps.  The bad thing is, I seem to be doing everything ruffled.

In my dining room I have  table runners from a great fabric I found at Ikea.  I love the graphics.  Currently I am in love with birds.  Table runners are such a no brainer to make.  I have set the table with my every day dishes.  The black napkins really add some punch.





 The little blue bunnies came from a gift store in town.  I love their colour.  The sideboard has another runner with a "spring easter " display.
Again the runners used the entire two meters of fabric so I have no scraps.  



Love the graphics on Ikea fabric.


My Ukrainian Easter Egg from childhood.  Vintage sugar & creamer set  add fun.


I love pussy willows.  Bought them last weekend in the country.  Duck and lamb are vintage.

Happy Spring


Linking to
 
















A Marvelous Mess


6 comments:

Two Sides of the Rainbow said...

I love your wreath! I've seen a lot of burlap used lately and am thinking of how I can use it as well. Thanks for sharing!

Jaime said...

I love the sprigs you've put in!! What a fun decorator you are!

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home said...

This is quite a departure from your usual sewing posts. Your wreath is so cute, I'm surprised you can live with uneven ruffles knowing your general precision. I can't believe you found those cool curly metal things at the Dollar Store. Your home is very lovely, it was fun to get a peek. :)

Laura said...

Cool how you mixed the neutral fabric with the spring colors on your table. Unique combo that really works. That tree print it great, especially with your owls!

DeniseAngela said...

Love the pics of your house!

Becky said...

Thanks for grabbing my button :)Sorry I didn't get a chance to tell you that you were featured.
I really LOVE your wreath! I actually think it turned out way cuter than the one you got the idea from.

Hope you have a great day!

<3Becky
justbeckause.blogspot.com