Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Canada Day

Canada Day Graphics

Recently my son and I had a discussion about how Canadians are not as visibly patriotic as Americans.  He commented that while travelling in the U.S., he likes seeing the flags at almost every home and farm he passes.  While more and more Canadians are flying flags in front of their homes, it still is not the norm.   We agreed that we as Canadians should try to show our pride in our country.  

This year I bought a flag for our car.



A glittery Maple Leaf for our front door.





and 

Baked a cake for our bar-be-que!





Yeah I know it's a little wonky!  It's hard to draw a maple leaf.

Happy Canada Day .  And  Happy Independence Day !


Have a great long weekend to all Canadians and Americans.

Janlynn








sew many ways

 

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy Canada Day to you! I am married to one. ;))

DeniseAngela said...

How awesome are you! that cake is so cool!!! I know I could not find hardly any Canadian style fabric.....but there sure was a lot for the U.S.!!!! Happy Canada Day Janlynn!

Etcetorize said...

Hope you had a great Canada Day Janlynn! I think your cake turned out great.

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home said...

That's because Canadians secretly wish they were Americans! It would spare you dealing with the Loonies and twonies... :)