Tuesday, July 19, 2011

This Shirt Goes Vroom


I am member of a sewing group.  At our last meeting before summer break, we had a silent auction of things from our stash.  I sold nothing but did "win" some patterns and fabric.  One piece was a great piece of shirting.  Having just made one shirt from the Islander pattern, I wanted to cement those skills by making a second.  But this one needed some "umph".
I had purchased some designs from Embroidery Designs and this shirt seemed a good place to use them.
The muscle car went on the back yoke .    
                


The road sign went on the front.







I am pleased with the results.  My husband is not really a "car guy".  More an "airplane guy" but I could not find a design for an Avro Arrow anywhere.  His interest in cars is simply to please me.  I was completely addicted to BBC's Top Gear and miss that show terribly.  I took auto mechanics in high school.  I loved being a specialty auto underwriter back in my pre children days.  I once dreamed of working the pits at the Indy 500.  
He's a good husband,  I have to make him an airplane shirt next!

Thanks for dropping by,

Janlynn

Linking to 






3 comments:

Carolyn said...

This shirt is great, and the embroidery does "soup" it up really well for a feller!

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home said...

How cute! Is it "okay" to say that about a man's shirt? I really like the Rte. 66 design. I took auto shop in HS, too! Hey, you're supposed to be making stuff for your NYC trip...

DeniseAngela said...

Top Gear is one of my fave shows too & I just finished a racing course that I posted on my other blog! My husband would love this car shirt! Such a great job sewing this is perfect!