Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hilary Duff and Amy Butler Together in a Skirt


McCalls 5803 is no longer available but I continue to use this pattern with great results.  It is a Hillary Duff pattern.  She is not my favourite singer or actress but I always liked her designs for McCalls.   She can't be too bad , she married a Canadian hockey player.   I have most of her patterns and have made them many times.  I made this skirt for my daughter to take to New York City.



The beautiful fabric is by Amy Butler.  The pattern calls for 60 inch wide fabric.  To make the skirt with only 45 inch wide fabric I bought 2 metres.  I cut it into three pieces roughly the length of the skirt.  I matched and pieced the fabric into one long strip then cut out the skirt.  The skirt has pleats and inseam pockets.



This skirt is a little wrinkled but I made this one last year from John Deere panels.




It is cute and funky.



My daughter also needed a slip to wear under her cotton dresses.  I made this with one seam in the back.

  I embroidered a large motif in the front and trimmed the slip with lace.



Partying at 











y" target="_blank">sew many ways



 


HookingupwithHoH




 

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I need to make some more slips. Cute skirts, I'm willing to bet no one else has a tractor skirt like that!

FrouFrouBritches said...

CUTE! I've never used a Hillar Duff pattern. In fact, I didn't even know she had patterns for McCall's. Love the fabric you chose too. Love me some Amy Butler!

cookieandclaire said...

Super Cute! I linked to this skirt in my post today as I was talking about my "date night" skirt!
Come take a look if you have a chance!
www.cookieandclaire.blgospot.com

cookieandclaire said...

Also I am following you - Would love a follow back if you have a chance!

kyleen said...

These skirts are so cute that I wish I could sew! I definitely need to head to Fabricland and pick up some materials.