Monday, August 22, 2011

The Wedding Card

Making this card for my daughter to take to her friend's wedding was really a fun simple project with great results.  It was a little bit scrap booking and a little sewing combined.


I used this pattern from the Islander line of patterns.  The directions and pictures were clear and easy to follow. The stamped dress form on card stock is included.
 Of course I changed a few things.  I made the skirt a little longer and I did not put on a fabric overskirt. 
The bodice is made from a scrap of white peau de soie.  The pattern includes a cutting pattern piece and a pressing pattern piece so pressing this tiny seam allowances is easy.  One problem I had pressing was that my little tiny iron does not have a thermostat so it continued to heat.  I melted the fabric to the iron.  So I cut another and unpluged the iron.  Everything went well after that. The bodice is stitched to the card first then the skirt.  I made the skirt from two circles of tulle and two circles of net. The raw edges are covered with a ribbon.   


My daughter chose the background paper and I punched the corners off .


We are both pleased with the card and I have several more ideas for more dresses.  The pattern contains 6 printed dress forms.  Refiles are available.

Thanks for dropping by.

I really appreciate your comments.

I will be partying at:







sew many ways











BWS tips button

8 comments:

SimpleThingsSweetLife said...

That is so very pretty. I need to make a wedding card soon, and I think I'll try this one!

Blessings!
Donna

DeniseAngela said...

I adore this card! Thanks for sharing I want to try this!

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home said...

Stinkin' cute! Who knew they had patterns like that?

Carolyn said...

My gosh, this is completely adorable! And I can see this being a fabulous design for a girl for a birthday card too... just changing the colour of the dress to suit the birthday girl's tastes!
Beautiful!

Catherine Goetz said...

Jan, It is gorgeous. What a lovely card!

Sew Country Chick said...

What a great project.i wish I had known about this in June for my niece's wedding!

Scrappy Gifts said...

This is so beautiful and cute! What a cool idea!Thanks for linking up to Scrappy Saturdays! Featuring you today!

Terri said...

Well hellow Janlynn -- this is the most awesome wedding card. Totally fashion adorable. We have a lot in common, a love of sewing. Glad to have visited -- Blessings Terri www.morningdewdrops.typepad.com