Saturday, September 3, 2011

Cupcakes and Horses


My youngest daughter is off at a wonderful birthday party for a great friend.  Her friend is obsessed with cupcakes and ,of course, horses.  She had been eyeing the cupcake fabric in my stash for some time.  So it seemed a no-brainer to make her pj shorts from the fabric.  I used my favourite pattern, Kwik-Sew 2811 

2811


My daughter came up with the idea to put a cupcake on a saddle pad.  I had previously purchased this design from Urban Threads.  No one else will have a saddle pad like this!

My daughter is very good at card making.  So while I was embroidering she made this beautiful card and envelope.  Oh, and her friend loves glitter.

It is hard to read the glitter but it says "You deserve a day sprinkled with fun."
I think she did a wonderful job and I wanted to post it here.




Thanks for dropping by.

I appreciate any comments you take the time to leave.

Partying at 




BWS tips button

 
sew many ways


 

6 comments:

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home said...

Cute, cute, cute. Pink and cupcakes with horses thrown in. How could you go wrong? I'll get with you on garment bag info soon, promise.

Andrea said...

Sweet!

Pamela said...

Adorable gift. Perfect for a teenager. I'll have to find that pattern. Your daughter must be as creative as her mother!

Connie said...

How cute and what a great gift!

Scrappy Gifts said...

Cute shorts and what a great idea to put them with a bag. Adorable card too - perfect for the birthday girl!
Thanks for linking up to Scrappy Saturdays!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I am obsessed with horses and cupcakes-- you should sell these saddle pads.. I would buy like 10!!!