Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Little Fall in the Hall

The end of the month is almost here and so is my out of town company.  We continue to try and do everything we should have been doing over the summer.  Last week I had electricians here every day from morning to dinner time.  But they are done for now and we have lights!
One of the many things on my list was to have the house clean and decorated for guests.  Well it's clean. It is decorated to the level that I can afford.  
Here is my front foyer.  It is small but efficient.


'


I made a flower ball by sticking the petals of two sad hydrangea stems into a foam ball.  It sits in an old pewter gravy boat I found thrifting years ago.






I found this fall subway printable at Simple Crafter and printed it on glossy photo paper.  It fits my $2.00 thrift store frame perfectly.  What a steal on the frame.  It's an Umbra. So is the mail/keyholder.






I made a very quick table runner from scraps. The embroidery design was free from Urban Threads.  
The table was stripped and repainted by me.  Hubby cut in half and attached it to the wall.  The knobs are new.







The best boot rack ever.  It has stood up to two Canadian winters.  I found the galvanized metal tray at the Goodwill and filled it with bags of polished stones from the dollar store.  We installed a slate floor, new light fixture, and repainted everything.

My husband designed this hall bench and his father built it.   I made the cushion and the bolster.  The girls filled the baskets with hats and scarves.  It is Canada eh!  The wall art came from Pier One.


On to the next room !


Thanks for dropping by.

As always, your comments are appreciated.

















sew many ways


 









3 comments:

Andrea said...

Lovely foyer, love the floor. It is still summer at my house, both inside and out! ;)

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home said...

I didn't realize I missed three posts! You really should show off your home more. The bench is really nice and I seriously love your runner--why didn't you show us the entire thing? :)

Katie said...

Beautiful foyer! I love that you cut a table in half and put it on your wall. I am dying to do that one day :o) Thank you for sharing!