Thursday, September 29, 2011

Paint Everywhere



This is just a quick post.  I have been painting everything I can with the new Martha Stewart paints and stencils.  The round plate in the back used to look like this.


The colour was wrong for my new decor but I didn't want to throw it out.  So I painted it and added the stencilled lace.  




Next I tried the same paint on fabric.  I had a sample piece of blue linen in my stash.  I stencilled the birds then added beads to add an extra dimension.




So the paint worked on fabric and ceramic.  What next?




I had bought a wooden tissue box cover ages ago with a plan to do something with it.  It fir the shelf of one of my bathroom cabinets so I painted the wall colour and stencilled it with Martha Stewart's paints.



I am happy with all the projects and now I look at everything and say "I could paint that!"

Thanks for dropping by


















sew many ways


Making Monday Marvelous Linky Party





7 comments:

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home said...

Wow, those things are great, Janlynn. I really like that you added beads to the pillow--so "you" with the detail.

Catherine said...

Beautifully done! I especially love the pillow.

Andrea said...

So nice, love the birdies. ;)

Pam said...

Love the cushion!!! Great idea to add beads for the details on the birds.

donatella said...

brown and powder blue are one of my most loved color combo! i know what you mean... until the can is empty you'll keep going!!!!! aha!!

Etcetorize said...

Great transformations! I love them all. Thanks for sharing at Etcetorize~

Sara said...

SO pretty!! Would love it if you would link this up at my turquoise lovin' party going on right now!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2011/10/turquoise-lovin-7.html