Wednesday, September 28, 2011

An Upcycled Message Centre




 





There always seems to be a mess of papers, pens, notes and stuff on the kitchen counter around the phone.  I wanted to contain the mess,attractively, cheaply, and quickly.




I had a tin container with an ugly sunflower painted on the sides.  Inspired by Pottery Barn, I grabbed a ball of twine, a brush, and a bottle of Mod Podge from the craft cupboard and set to work.  Coronation Street is now on for an hour so I thought I could glue and watch TV at the same time.


The job went quickly, less than one hour and I am very pleased with the results.  I gave the entire surface a top coat of Mod Podge to seal it.  I used out door MP so I can wipe it down.


Now I have to clean my oven!

Thanks for dropping by










Making Monday Marvelous Linky Party
 

4 comments:

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home said...

What a nice repurpose--I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that tv show.

Shannon said...

Very cute! I love how you remade the tin. I am big on keeping things organized too. Looks great!
shannonsews.blogspot.com

donatella said...

turned out perfect! i love twine! ...cleaning oven, ... ok. but i'm most curious about "finish chair" and "start wallpaper"... mmmmhhh

Etcetorize said...

Great project! I'm a corrie fan too! I love that it's on longer, by this time next year we might finally be caught up and not have to worry about accidentally coming across spoilers a year ahead of us. Thanks for linking up~