Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I Feel Like Quilting - It Must Be Fall

Last Sunday I attended Halton Hills Quilter's Guild  quilt show.  This car with cozy was parked outside the building.  Isn't it amazing!!  Now lets talk fit.  Often quilters will tell you that they turned to quilting because they love to sew but had issues fitting clothes.  If you can fit a car you can fit a body!  Some of us have big hips but come on , not as big as a car!

Although I am not a big quilter, every now and then I do give it a shot.   Maybe it's a fall thing!








This is my Halloween Quilt from a few years ago.  It is a rag quilt and it uses chenille techniques too.  Some of the cuts are not perfect but we all enjoy this seasonal quilt.





 I spent too many years fighting with the school board so that when one teacher and a department head became strong allies with me,  I wanted to make them something to express  how much I appreciated the help they gave me.  Besides I had to show them I was more just a b*tch !  I researched the logo of the Asperger's Society of Ontario and tried to represent it on a quilted wall hanging for each of them.  









This set of placemats were pieced and quilted  about 15 years ago.  I still use them.  



I think I ready to do some quilting this winter.

Thanks for dropping by
Janlynn












6 comments:

DeniseAngela said...

beautiful quilts Janlynn! I like to pull out my seasonal stuff that I made over the years too....for me it brings back memories from that moment in time! btw....way cool car too!

Carolyn said...

Those are lovely placemats Janlynn! And that car, wow!! so cute

Etcetorize said...

Hi Janlynn....I'm featuring your blog on Etcetorize today! Come on over to check it out, you can grab a featured button from the sidebar if you like. Have a great day! Tamara

Real Life Reslers said...

I also always get the sewing bug when the weather gets cooler! I hardly thought of it all summer and now I keep thinking up new projects I want to try.

Erin said...

All of your work is so beautiful!

radio control cars said...

All your work is excellent and marvelous. I have 't enough words to say about your perfect quilting work. I am totally new in quilt work and planing to start work on it.