Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My 100th Post




While visiting Toronto earlier this month I saw a sign in the window of  a boutique looking for creative sewers.  I had to go in.  The store specializes in prom dresses with an edge.  After speaking with the owner, I was given a "test".  I had the challenge of creating a dress from her fabric that had the following features -  circle skirt
                    -   spaghetti straps 
- lining showing at the bottom and elsewhere
-2 colours in the crinoline
-pockets
-draft own pattern i size 38 bust /30 waist

I still haven't heard if the owner liked it, but what do you think?  





I started to think about Christmas.  We will be having between 8 to 10 people for dinner.  I need to make new place mats etc.  I started to make a cushion but I had a big problem with the thread bleeding when I washed away the stabilizer.  
I also still need a new winter coat.  Luckily it hasn't been that cold yet. 

So I do not end on a negative I have to mention that this is my 100th post and I now have 47 followers.  
I find it hard to believe that I have written 100 posts!  I find it even harder to believe that 47 people read my posts and care enough to follow.  It has taken over a year to get to this point and I know to some that's a slow trip.  But it was been rewarding.
 I have made some new friends on this trek through blogdom.  Friends who are warm, friendly, funny, understanding, and generous.  Women who are positive and helpful.  

You may have noticed that my blog design changed in the summer.  Kim from Cheap Chic Home redesigned my blog including buttons.  I love buttons.  Kim held the first linking party I ever attended.
She immediately noticed I was new and helped me settle in.  She offered me tips on commenting and I have been turning to her for help ever since.  Kim is a energetic mom of five who blogs about sewing, crafting, decorating, baking, and all the deals she finds at the Goodwill.


Thanks to all of you who read this blog.  You really make me smile.  I know that we are all very busy and stressed and it means so much that you take the time to read and or comment.

Thanks for dropping by,


Janlynn
























6 comments:

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home said...

Gah! I can't believe it's taken me this long to see this post!!! I am so proud of the dress you created. You are an excellent seamstress--I will be shocked if you are not included in the boutique--call them back! Thank you so much for the nice mention, I was not expecting that. Hugs, girlfriend.

Sandy Ang said...

Congrats on your 100th post !

DeniseAngela said...

I tried to click on your post when you posted but it wouldn't let me.....then I saw this fabulous dress in my side bar....Omg so modern.....so on trend! Did u make this at the boutique? You are such a wonderful seamstress Janlynn.....this dress would be perfect with the feather clutch you made that I love! Congratulations on your 100th post too.....I love to see your projects as you sew such a mix of things it is always a pleasure to read!

Shiloh said...

This is fantastic! If I were the boutique owner, I would definitely include you.:) I love the combination of fabrics.

Carolyn said...

WOW! Very edgey, and fun, and I'm sure the owner will be excited by your creativity! And that divine opera coat in the last post is sooo gorgeous!!

amy mayen said...

I love it! What a design challenge!!