Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Night at The Symphony






My son came home to see his grandfather but arrived too late.  Because he lives in the far north and the far west of our country, his travel time was very lengthy.  He left work as soon as I called him , packed and drove two hours to the airport.  He then caught three connecting flights to make it here in less than 24 hours.  We did not tell anyone he was coming and when his grandmother saw him she was speechless and just hugged him.  
His dad and grandmother really appreciated his coming home.  We had quiet family evenings playing board games and eating take out food.  

We also had a mother and son evening at the Symphony.  My son surprised me with tickets to a concert with Lang Lang.  He is the "rock star" of classical music.  The concert was superb.  It was a relaxing break from a very stressful week.
It was also the perfect reason to wear my opera coat I made a few years ago.  I felt so glamourous.  
It is MacCalls 5480 .  I made from black silk Peau du Soi found on sale for $6.00/yard.  The bemberg lining cost me more .  So did the buttons!   I made it for my daughter at a time when she had many evening events.  This was the first time I had an event!  




I am the shortest one in the family.


He can always make me laugh!







The venue was perfect.  The seats were perfect.  The music was Beethoven 3 and Mendelssohn.  
Music truly does soothe, relax and heal the soul.

9 comments:

donatella said...

you do look glamorous in this coat, it's gorgeous!! glad your son came back and he got his mama to laugh! xox, d.

Etcetorize said...

What a sweet son you have! And you look lovely. It's so nice to have a fancy evening out once in awhile.

DeniseAngela said...

music is wonderful for the soul.....& what a wonderful son to come back & be with your family at a time in need. btw....love the coat & the buttons are beautiful!

Andrea said...

Thanks for sharing. You look beautiful in your coat, and on your son's arm. How nice that you had the time with him.

Cindy said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening! The coat is indeed special!

Sew Country Chick said...

The coat looks so lovely on you! My son is going to be grown up soon too. He turns 18 next week! Sorry my photo links wee so small this week. I will fix it for next time. thanks for posting!

Deanna said...

That is a fantastic coat and it fits so well. Very nice job! (My 13 year old son is 6'3" [165 cm] tall. I am 5'5" [143 cm]. Yep. Short.)

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home said...

What great photos of you and your son! He is certainly a handsome young man, thoughtful, too, for the orchestra tickets. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourselves even though he wasn't able to see his grandfather.

Sunni @Love Affair with my Brother said...

You look so lovely in your glam coat standing next to your handsome son. What an amazing evening you had!
Thanks for linking @ This Week!