Thursday, December 15, 2011

Sewing For Someone Special



Perhaps it was all the beautiful doll clothes made by Bunny at La Sewista, but I really wanted to make doll clothes. 
 I used McCalls 6480.  The seven pages of instructions were a bit daunting but the items made up quickly.  I actually spent more time searching through my scraps then I spent sewing them.
The leggings and t-shirt made up quick.  The faux fur vest is lined with kasha satin.  The boots and bag are faux suede.
I ironed the studs to the boots to keep her on trend.  Her boots and bag contrast not match.
 I do not have grandchildren  but why should that stop me.  This doll has been donated to our local police department for distribution to deserving children.









7 comments:

Gayle said...

A beautiful doll, a little girl is going to be very happy. Well done.

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home said...

Too, too, too cute! This is another pro job all the way. I haven't sewn many doll clothes. I <3 her suede boots.

julia said...

I love it! Really great outfit. How nice that a little girl will get such a nice gift this Christmas!

Mistea said...

She sure is a gorgeous girl in her new outfit and will put a happy smile on a child's face this Christmas.
You're right no grandchildren doesn't mean you can't dress dolls.

Enjoy

Etcetorize said...

That is one very stylish doll! You're going to make some little girl out there very happy~ Thanks for sharing at Etcetorize.

Bunny said...

Love your "edgy" designs. My DGD would love this!

Sew Country Chick said...

This is so cool! My 8 oops! 9 year old would love these! Sh just got a Madame Alexander doll this size and I have been considering making her some clothes or getting her started on some. Love these styles!