Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Splash of Colour











A wanted a splash of colour to warm up our leather couch for the winter.  I received very bad delivery service from the company I bought some furniture from.  To compensate, they gave me a gift card.  I splurged on some decor items a fur throw, and two fur pillows.  To brighten it up I added three fun Christmas pillows.  All the fabric came from my stash.  Even the the trim came from my stash.  
I embroidered the pillows with designs from Embroitique.  I love their happy, modern designs.
The embroidery process was not without tears.  First the colour ran,then the tension was wrong, and the metallic thread was a nightmare.  But I am reasonably pleased with end results.





Thanks for dropping by,

Got to get back to sewing.



 



4 comments:

Gayle said...

The cushions are gorgeous. Love the bright colours. It is a great site and all the designs stitch out perfectly. One of my new year resolutions is going to be to perfect embroidering with metallic thread.

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home said...

The pink pillows with turquoise trim are so adorable! I'm sorry to hear your embroidery gave you some problems. I'm working on a little project right now, that I think you'll like :). I hope your Christmas was wonderful!

DeniseAngela said...

Beautiful pillows......love the turquoise & pink! I hope you had a fabulous Christmas & I wis you a very happy New Year!

Catherine Goetz said...

I really like those embroidery designs. And the colour is fantastic!