Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Little Crafting and A Little Shopping









I needed a new winter wreath for my front door.  It looks icy cold but not Christmasy.




I started with a large grapevine wreath that I have used and re-used for many, many years.


 I bought some pine cone garland from Michaels that was reduced by 80%. I bought three at about $4.00 each.

I wrapped the garland around the wreath.





It needed a bow.  I have this big reel of vintage velvet ribbon that I bought at a thrift store ages ago.  

I love the graphics on the spool.

 I hot glued on some large pine cones and a glitter snowflake. 


Yesterday my DD and I were at the right place at the right time.  We were looking at the Christmas clearance items when the department manager pulled me aside to tell me everything was reduced to one cent!  

 We bought three trees, 24 napkin rings, 4 stuffed reindeer, and two signs for   $.33!!!  It was a value of $107.00 at full price.  SCORE!!




Now I have to find a place to store everything.  

Thanks for dropping by 

6 comments:

Chris said...

Great shopping trip. I love it when a bargain jumps out at you :-)

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home said...

I can't believe the great deals you got, Janlynn! The frosty looking wreath is just right, nice job ;).

Gayle said...

Well done, looks like you got some great bargains.

Vicky said...

Love the wreath. It's hard to do a winter wreath that doesn't look Christmasy, but you did it. I cannot believe the deals you got. What store did you shop at? I am a new follower visiting from Flamingo Toes. Vicky from Mess For Less

Sandy Ang said...

what a beautiful wreath

Catherine Goetz said...

Lovely wreath. You have a knack that's for sure. Great bargains too. One cent!