Saturday, January 28, 2012

Somebody Mentioned My Name



This has been quite a week and a half.  I started a new full time job outside of the house, both cars needed expensive repairs done at the garage, and my Mother in law has been hospitalized.  She will be there for awhile yet.

I did manage to complete a project or two but I haven't got the pictures ready yet.  But I do have something to post.

Years ago I started making garment bags for all the dresses that I sew for my daughters.  My oldest does a lot of travelling and this garment bag always receives comments in the airport.




I made this bag to protect my youngest daughter's horse show clothes.  



This horse looks like the one she was riding at the time.






When my daughter was young, she was a flower girl in a wedding.  She had to get dressed at the brides house without me.  I made this bag to keep all her items together -  gown, shoes, frilly socks, hair stuff, extra clothes.  



Last year I asked Kim at Cheap Chic Home to revamp my blog.  She did a great job.  In return I made her a custom garment bag.

She has posted them at http://cheapchichome.blogspot.com/2012/01/bartering-and-progress.html

Please go and check it out.





Thanks for dropping by,



10 comments:

Andrea said...

All the bags are great, Janlynn. The set you made for Kim is gorgeous!

Foster said...

Those are all amazing. No one will mistake their garment bag for yours at the airport!

Glad I stopped by.

Cindy said...

The garment bags look great! My mom, too, sewed me a garment bag to protect my horse show clothes back when I was quite active on the show circuit. It's still hanging in my closet even though it's been years since I've had a horse.

Etcetorize said...

Wow, you made her a great set! I especially like the little embroidered zippered pouch. So pretty~

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

You garment bags are beautiful. The equestrian bag is absolutely amazing and the bag you made for Kim is just perfect.

Gayle said...

Your garmet bags are beautiful, I rally like the one you made for Kim. You are going to be a busy little bee now!!!!!

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home said...

It was fun to see all of your custom bags since you had told me about them previously. They are all unique and beautiful. And, thanks for the shout out ;).

Sew Country Chick said...

These are so nice! I love the horse bag. For some reason the thought of sewing a garment bag seems very daunting! I almost made one for the bridal gown I made for a client. I wish I had now so she could have a nice place to keep her dress.

DeniseAngela said...

These are beautiful garment bags Janlynn! I will say it again....I just love your projects. Hope you are enjoying your new job & I wish the best for your mother in law! Take care!

DeniseAngela said...

Those are the most gorgeous garment bags I have seen!