Sunday, March 31, 2013

London Tea Party Fascinator










Well, it has been a long time since I posted.... you know the drill, life, work, illness, family....blah, blah, blah.  

But let's just focus on the positive.  I am back to sewing and being creative.  I am a happy.  

Enough about that...back to the sewing.


Fashion daughter has an event at school and needed something for a silent auction.  The theme of the event is "London Tea Party" and she asked me to make a fascinator.  

I covered a small tear shaped form with a scrap of lining fabric.   I added random white and clear beads.  
The red net fan was added to the back.  I hand sewed the red felt top hat and added a little satin ribbon.
The London sign is a 3D sticker from the scrapbook store.  I removed the foam stickers from the back.  I threaded a piece of wire thru the sign to the hat form.  


She likes the fascinator and wants to bid on it at the auction.  I think it is kind of cool.

What to do you think? 

Thanks for dropping by!



Photobucket

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Well hiya Janlynn! I was wondering where you'd been. Glad to hear you are happy an being creative. I LOVE your fascinator! Hope it brings some big bids at the auction.

Sew Coco said...

So great to see you on my blogroll Janlynn! I have missed your projects & I am glad to see you back! :)
The fastinater is real pretty too!
DeniseAngela

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home said...

Gah! The fascinator is adorable!

Justine of SewCountryChick said...

That is so cool and pretty Janlynn. i hope it gets a high bid at the auction because it's really great.