Saturday, April 6, 2013

Sewing Room Clean Up and Spruce Up


I have long been a fan and a follower of Flylady.  She has made me examine myself and my foibles.  One baby step at a time.

  My home is now neater, cleaner, and more organized  --- except for the sewing and craft rooms.  I have decluttered  the rest of the house and kept only those things that I love and make me smile. 

 The problem in the sewing room is that I love EVERTHING!!! Every scrap tells a story and represents a dream.  Every tool and notion has been lovingly collected for years.  I started sewing when I was 10 and I am now 57.  

But my sewing room was not a happy place.  I had to spend twenty minutes moving stuff off the cutting table to begin a project.  Not productive. 

I have moved almost everything out swept out the dust bunnies.  I am trying to bring back only what I will use for one project.  But I already have three projects on my cutting table.  My mind works faster than my hands!

I know that I will have to get rid of some stuff. Removing it from the room is step one.  Maybe I will realize I don't need all that fabric.(Yeah right).  

Step two is to use as much stash as I can in the next three months.  I have to admit, it is much nicer to enter my sewing room now.  I make an effort to clean up after every session.  

To make it a happier place I am trying to decorate the sewing room using only what I have.  The sewing machine cover was made from scrap black broadcloth and some fat quarters of sewing motif fabric.  The embroidery design is from Urban Threads.  It reminds me to sit down and do something instead of just thinking about it.  





I saw a printed pin cushion on Pinterest and thought it was a brilliant idea.  I used my embroidery machine to add Enter Pin Here.  The pin cushion was made from scraps.  I made a scrunchie and attached it to the back so I can wear the pincushion on my wrist.


I have many more meters of fabric to sew!


Thanks for dropping by.



Partying at


Photobucket






3 comments:

amy mayen said...

I know exactly what you mean! I can't let go of sewing & craft supplies at all. It's my "treasure"!

Tini said...

I love your sewing machine cover! It's fantastic :)
Good luck sewing through your fabric stash!

Shelly Jack said...

Cute!