Monday, April 22, 2013

Sewing Time is Coffee Time

Coffee and sewing just go together.




Yes I have been sewing.  Quite a bit actually.  I just haven't photographed or posted.  I have been working on two big fitting projects and sometimes I need to take a quick break and play.

I like to play with my embroidery machine.  I am mesmerized by the machine, watching it create intricate designs with thread.

I also need a coffee break.  I am trying to clean up my sewing area too.  Mug rugs seem to be all the rage right now so I thought I would make one.  I totally copied an idea from timewrinkler on Flicker.

The design is from Urban Threads, my very favourite source for embroidery designs.





I even found a piece of binding just long enough to bind the edges.






Back of the mug rug.



My tiny coffee corner has everything I need on top of the little fridge.  


Now I must get back to work.

Thanks for dropping by,











5 comments:

Sew Coco said...

Love the designs (especially the scissors) & thanks for the link! What kind of embroidery machine do you have? I have a Janome Memory Craft 350e & still need to get the software, so I have only have done the basics!
DeniseAngela

amy mayen said...

These are so cute! I didn't get this post.. I thought I was subscribed, but I'm going to have to check. I don't want to miss any sewing projects!

amy mayen said...

I got you on Bloglovin now...I'm back to tell you thanks for the great birthday advice!! I'm focusing on the good...like you said :)

timewrinkler said...

This mug rug turned out very well! ~timewrinkler (Disorderly Threads)

timewrinkler said...

This mug rug turned out very well!