Friday, June 28, 2013

Sewing with Chocolates


T

Don't they look yummy?  But they are not chocolates they are pattern weights.  

When I saw the design at DigiStitches  I knew I had to order it. 




The design stitches out quickly in the hoop.  I had fun going through my scraps to find yummy looking fabrics.  For the backing I used some heavy cream satin.  

I used "vase filler pebbles" to fill them as that is what I had on hand.







This group was packaged in a takeout box and given to a sewing friend.

I have made two sets for myself and love using them.  


If you have checked out my daughter's blog you know that she has been posting a lot.  I thought I had better get moving on my posts.  

Many projects have been completed but photos have not been taken.  And of course it is raining today - again.

To all fellow Canadians, Happy Canada Day eh!  We truly do live in a beautiful country.



Thanks for dropping by,


Janlynn





































4 comments:

RhondaBuss said...

What a lovely gift. I don't think I could have parted with them.

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Happy Canada Day to you and your family!
your daughter is doing a great job keeping up with her blogging, I can't imagine going through an emergency apendectomy for either myself or my daughter. Best wishes for her recovery.
The chocolate pattern weights are a perfect gift for a sewist (what a clever design!!!). I don't have any pattern weights, and this is such a good and useful project for small pieces. {we watched Forrest Gump the other day so chocolate boxes have been on my mind!}

amy mayen said...

Thanks for swinging by my blog! I stopped by when this post went live...I thought I left a comment telling you how cute I think they are! I need to do some pattern weights, I think these are cuter than the fabric covered washers. I'm pretty sure my 8 year old would steal them though:)

Nat said...

such fun, I'm sure your friend will love these!! :)