Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tote Bag For the Tack Swap








Summer is show season for my daughter and her horse.  Show season means new clothes for her and new tack for the horse.  Tack swaps are a fun and frugal way of selling your stuff and buying some "new to you" stuff.  

My daughter and I travel to rural small towns to attend tack swaps and sales.  We always have a great time exploring a different part of our province.  




Before hitting the road I was able to stitch out one of the designs on the Anita Goodesign cd that I purchased at the CreativFestival.  




The design took about 2 hours to stitch out (88 minutes plus thread changes).  It is an applique design.  I used some cotton for my stash and made a tote bag.  

2 comments:

amy mayen said...

I love it! I'm looking for a piece of land...I grew up with horses & I hate the city! Your daughters a lucky girl, & that appliqué was worth every minute:)

RhondaBuss said...

What a lovely gift for a girl who loves her horse!